Wednesday, December 11, 2002

Murphy's Law

I finally got my computer to the apartment and they came and installed the cable modem in the house. Well surprise, or maybe not such a surprise with my luck, the computer has no network card. This computer was pieced together by my dad with a monitor from here and a keyboard from there. Well, it has been sitting unused for a couple of years and of course it didn't dawn on me that it would not be cable ready. No biggie right. WRONG! I go and get the network card and put it in and try to install the divers from the disk and I get an error that I need the Windows 95 installation disk. Yes folk, still using 95. Of course I don't have the disk because I want to update this piece of crap, so still waiting to access the internet form home. On top of that the USB port is not compatible with Windows 95 so once I upgrade I still have to go and by a USB port to upload pictures from the digital camera. And the saga continues. Maybe by the time I am 40 things will start to pan out for me.

No comments: