Sunday, October 12, 2008

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink

Chris, my mom and I took Gavin and Spencer pumpkin picking today at Brightwaters Farms I was so excited to see Gavin running through a field of pumpkins and to watch his face as he marveled at the whole experience.

Boy was I delusional. Spencer slept through the whole afternoon so he missed everything. Gavin on the other hand was wide awake and could have cared less about pumpkin picking. He wanted to be carted around in the Radio Flyer wagon (meant to haul your pumpkins) and go on hayrides. He had fun and thay was the most important thing but I must say that I was a little dissapointed. I really wanted to see him ride on a pony and try to pick "The Great Pumpkin". Instead he kicked around a couple and tossed a handful of little pumpking in the wagon. So no homemade pumpkin pie or roasted pumpkin seeds for me. There is still home. We try again with the cousins next weekend and hopfully we will have better luck.

No comments: