Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I love you Spinach

One of Gavin’s favorite books is Guess how much I love you. If you are a parent and don’t have it yet.. get it.

Anyhow, there is a part in the book where the little rabbit says to the father rabbit “I love you this much” and the father rabbit says it back. Well my son has decided that in his version of the story the correct words are “I love you spinach!"

So now every night before bed when we read the book he screams “I love you spinach!” and when we are finished he looks at me and says “Good night spinach

It’s moments like these that are constant reminders of what a joy it is to be a parent and how lucky I am to have my two boys. They are the reason I was put on this earth and my love for them grows every day. So no matter how tired or cranky I may get, one smile, one belly laugh, and most of all just hearing “mommy” whispered from the sleepy lips of a toddler make the world right.

No comments: